Monday, May 22, 2023

From Classics to Modern: 10 Books on My Book Bucket List

In my opinion finding a new book, something new to read, broadens our horizons and expand our vast imaginations. I was scouting the local bookstore with my husband to find the perfect book to stick out at me. I remember telling him that I try to read books that stick out to me and are things I want to read because I don’t know when I’m going to die, and I wanted to read what felt good before I can’t read anymore.  Do you have a book bucket list? Do you know a list of books you want to read before you die?

  The Reason Behind My Thought Process

 Taking time to read is good self-love and a great mindfulness technique, and it reduces stress! Since it's a great stress reducer, I figured, taking a few minutes to read each day will be helpful. I even set set some goals, goals, they're small goals and short-term, but they don't need to be complicated. I've decided to read at least 5 books off of the bucket list as I have it before my son is born! 

My Bucket List






Book 1: Burn After Reading by Sharon Jones
Burn After Reading is a guided journal/workbook that I plan on going through when I'm done working on The Woman's Guide to Self-Love. Maybe my husband is right and I do have a little bit of a guided journal collection. I like being able to work on myself and get to know myself a bit better. 

Book 2: 1000+ Best Ways to Save Money Every Day: The Complete Book of Baby Bargains by Kimberly Danger 
Who doesn't like to save money? This book has tips for moms and expectant mom's on how to save money once the baby gets here.

Book 3: Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
It's supposed to be a great introductory book for anyone who's interested in Montessori education. I would love to get a little bit of a crash course, before this baby's born. I'm hoping this book will actually be able to help me, at least a little bit. 

Book 4:Chaos & Flame by Tess Gratton & Justina Ireland
I'm not a fan of picking up books that have been best sellers within the same year they're released. I want to make an exception with this book. When I think about a book that's fantasy based and has warring factions, and romance, it fuel's me with excitement. 

Book 5: Buddhism for Bears by Claire Nielson & Chris Ridell
I'm not Buddhist, but I saw this book at a store many years ago, but forgot all about it, until after I wrote out my Bear Mindfulness, exercises. I can learn a bit about Buddhism, and enjoy the fact that the book has a bear in it.  

Book 6:  Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
I know the story of Frankenstein, but I never actually read the book. What I've learned from past experiences, spoilers and the Cliff Notes for a book are not actually reading the book. It's time that I actually read a classic. 
  Gathering Blue, maybe a book for teens, but it is part of The Giver Quartet. With The Giver being one of my all-time favorite books, I found it only natural to want to pick up the other books in the series. 

How about a story about a girl helping her dad with a ghost-themed Chicago bus tour?  That's what this spooky short book is about. Let's just say when I read that there was a review/blurb about the book from none other than R.L. Stine, saying that the book was a good read, I wanted to read it too. 

Book 9: Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas--Mirror Moon by Mallory Reaves 
 This book combines The Nightmare Before Christmas with manga for a whole new story that I know nothing about. After reading Long Live the Pumpkin Queen, I want to read more about my favorite Disney couple from one of my all-time favorite movies!

Book 10: The Wind and The Willows by Kenneth Grahame 
Another classical book I haven't actually read that  I would love to read. I only know the basics about Toad, Rat and Badger. I know this book is meant for beginner readers, but nonetheless, I still have yet to read it and know I probably should.

I know, I'll end up writing a list with 10 more books that I want to read before I die, after reading these books. I'll probably have a reading bucket list a mile long when I'm through! That's okay, finding new books to read is just part of the adventure. For those of you who have a book bucket list, what books are on yours? If you don't have one are there books that you would like to read before you die?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fairy Fern's Hippie Blog Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design